It was nothing really – a discarded crumb,
a forgotten taste. And it lay where it fell, long forgotten but certain to be
found.
It caught my eye as surely it eventually
would. But why today. Was this a benign reminder or something to heed? Was it happenstance
to recall memories or a sign to elicit a future response?
A fallen Cheerio has given me
pause. And sitting alone I dwell on these sorts of things and they become much
more - as perhaps they are.
Staring at this cereal I knew exactly
when it fell. It was seven weeks ago when J and our grandson H were visiting. I
could see the reflection of H in the monitor as he pointed and drew with his
finger a picture of red and teal shapes. I recalled the snack eagerly devoured with
periodic distractions. I could hear his giggles and feel his weight on my lap. I
recalled the precious time passed and once forgotten now suddenly back and
fresh. Just cereal…hmm…?
And yet for such a short passage of
time, much had transpired since its dropping. And much more still prior to that.
Perhaps it’s time to catch up.
No comments:
Post a Comment